BOUNTIFUL, Utah — A UDOT construction worker was hit while working on I-15 Thursday morning.
The Utah Highway Patrol confirmed to KSL that the worker was “clipped” around 4 a.m. this morning in the southbound lanes near 400 North.
Lt. Nick Street with UHP said the UDOT employee was working on a board sign in the HOV lane while other UDOT vehicles provided traffic control behind them. When that worker was going to get back into the passenger seat of their truck a passing motorist hit them in the head with their left mirror.
BREAKING: @UTHighwayPatrol confirms a UDOT worker was “clipped” this morning in an auto-ped southbound I-15 near 400 north in Bountiful. He was taken to the hospital for injuries. Deiver is cooperating. Details on @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/DgWXDkCt9c
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) October 22, 2020
UPD says the driver of the vehicle involved is cooperating and the worker hit was taken to the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
Today’s Top Stories
- Fireworks and pets: keeping furry friends safe during firework season
- Judge rules Chad Daybell should face trial in case of missing kids
- Anti-mask crowd fills Utah County Commission meeting on mask mandate, meeting abruptly called off
- ‘Scooby-Doo’ wasn’t just another cartoon. It was a reaction to the…
- Gov mulls opening Utah’s national parks, as local businesses wait on standby
- Burgess Owens pulls ahead 2,095 votes in Utah’s 4th District
- Oscar-winner, ‘Sound of Music’ star Christopher Plummer dies
- Accidents on Utah roads make for a bad day for drivers
- GOP incumbent Matt Bevin trailing in Kentucky governor’s race
- Cedar City Utah is Your Next Weekend Vacation! 4 Awesome Outdoor Adventures You and Your…