(CNN) — Bacon makes everything taste better, but does it make everything smell better? Hormel, the food company typically known for its pre-packaged meat, is putting that theory to the test with its “Breathable Bacon” face mask.
Yes, you read that right: Hormel makes a bacon-scented face mask. This is right up Homer Simpson’s alley, no doubt.
There may be few better ways to wake up than to the smell of bacon, but constantly breathing in that smell could be a little overwhelming when wearing a mask for prolonged periods of time.
“We’re continually focused on innovation — from new products to marketing and distribution — all in an effort to deliver new and exciting ways to experience and enjoy Black Label Bacon,” Hormel senior brand manager Nick Schweitzer said in a news release.
“In 2020, that means connecting everyone’s favorite bacon scent to the year’s ‘it’ accessory, and in doing so, bring Black Label Bacon closer to our fans.”
Through October 28, you can visit Hormel’s website to sign up for a chance to win a free, limited-edition package of “Breathable Bacon.” Hormel will also be donating one meal to Feeding America for every request made, up to 10,000 meals.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Utah university president salaries below the national average
- Passengers stuck on Amtrak train for about 20 hours finally on their way
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Russell M. Nelson to speak at NAACP convention
- Parent dress code, Houston high school takes aim at parents