SALT LAKE CITY — The Weber County Sheriff’s office reports that one of their deputies is on administrative leave after fatally shooting a suspect reportedly trying to break into a trailer parked in front of a Huntsville home.
On October 23 at approximately 10:40 p.m., Weber area dispatchers were notified of a man with a gun in Huntsville, according to information released on Facebook.
According to the statement, a homeowner reported seeing a man trying to break into a trailer. The caller reportedly told dispatchers that the suspect fired several shots.
Weber County Sheriff deputies responded along with a deputy from the Morgan County Sheriff’s department.
The statement says that when deputies arrived on the scene, the armed subject began acting aggressively toward the deputies. At that time, the statement says both deputies fired shots at the suspect. Though medical aid was given, the suspect died at the scene.
Currently, the shooting is reportedly being investigated by the Weber County Office, Officer Involved Critical Incident Team. The Weber County deputy is on administrative leave pending the results of the investigation.
The location of the shooting as well as the name of the suspect have not yet been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Fireworks and pets: keeping furry friends safe during firework season
- Judge rules Chad Daybell should face trial in case of missing kids
- Burgess Owens pulls ahead 2,095 votes in Utah’s 4th District
- Abandoned sacred places around the world
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in Utah are up 42%, why?
- WATCH: Backcountry sledder captures avalanche in Summit County, Utah
- Train derailment causes mess near Milford
- All-clear given at Lone Peak High School after possible “wrong school” threat
- Online learning still a challenge for students, districts say it’s getting better
- Ticket buyers, beware: scalpers are out to rip you off