SALT LAKE CITY — Officials with the Murray City Police Department say an investigation continues after a woman was shot outside a smoke shop on Saturday afternoon.
Sgt. Ross Huff that the shooting happened at 2:17 p.m. outside of the businesses at 4449 S Commerce Dr.
Police say the victim was hospitalized and then underwent surgery. Police say she is in fair condition.
Huff says that police have interviewed several witnesses, and that they believe they have identified a suspect. But they remain unclear about exactly what happened.
This is a developing story and will be updated when more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Live Mic: Ideas for needed police reform
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- F-35 Demonstration Team to hold behind-the-scenes performance Friday
- Salt Lake City School District taking heat for canceling school at the last minute
- White House: National Guard, federal police en route to Capitol to disperse protesters
- WATCH: President Trump says he’s doing “very well” in video before heading…
- Trump outstripping Obama on pace of executive orders
- Three arrests in connection with Sapphire Drive homicide in Sandy
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound