STOCKTON, Utah — Crews are responding to a new fire that sparked near Soldier Canyon Saturday afternoon, reporting the flames are burning in steep terrain.
The fire — named Soldier Canyon Fire — has burned roughly 20 acres as of 4:45 p.m. Officials report there are five engines, two helicopters and two single engine air tankers are responding to the area.
The #SoldierCanyonFire east of Stockton is estimated at approximately 20 acres and is actively burning in steep terrain. Cause is under investigation. 5 engines, two helicopters and two single engine air tankers are assigned. #ffsljc pic.twitter.com/BTERJjOy6P
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) October 24, 2020
No evacuations have been ordered and officials report no structures are threatened.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Treatment center, Turn-About Ranch, responds with statement
- Sen. Lee says Utah National Guard kicked out of DC hotel
- Heart of Utah: Two Navy doctors from Utah describe pandemic service
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- The story of Sgt. Cade Brenchley, hit by a car in line of duty
- One dead, two injured in overnight Salt Lake shooting
- Fake high school sports sponsorship scam targeting Utah businesses
- Utah lawmakers push back on ‘America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act’
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights