OREM, Utah– An active fire at Orem High School is sending kids home early. Battalion Chief Shaun Hirst with the Orem Fire Department says the fire is winding down.
Fire officials report the fire was caused by a sawdust collecting machine. The fire was also contained in the machine. There are no reports of open flames anywhere. Students were evacuated and sent home for the day.
There are no injuries reported.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Will Pettit – Granite Park Junior High
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- Dave & Dujanovic: Coping with the fear of returning to school
- Gov. Herbert announces COVID-19 to close schools rest of year
- Utah kids shop with cops at annual event
- Over 20,000 Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine doses already in Utah