HERRIMAN, Utah — The man who died after an officer-involved shooting on Solofax Lane near 5300 West in Herriman has been identified.
Commander Zack Adams has identified the deceased as Isaac Lemoine Christensen, age 38, of Salt Lake City
Herriman police say officers were responding to a call late Tuesday night of a protective order violation.
“While en route, officers were advised that the male suspect was armed,” said Adams.
He said when officers arrived around 10 p.m., they heard several gunshots and encountered and challenged an adult male.
“At some point, he presented a threat and was engaged by two officers in the Herriman City Police Department,” said Adams.
The man was pronounced dead on the scene.
The officers were not injured and are now on routine paid administrative leave. Herriman officers do wear body cameras, so any footage will be turned over to investigators.
A protocol incident team has taken over the investigation. A Unified Police Mobile Command unit was parked by the yellow caution tape.
Homes on the street consist of a row of side-by-side condos. Police say if any neighbors witnessed anything or have doorbell cameras or other information, they can call Unified Police at 801-840-4000 and ask for Detective Sgt. Vaughn Allen.
Mobile command units rolling out and @HerrimanPolice beginning to take down scene tape where a deadly officer involved shooting occurred following a reported violation of a protective order. @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/IxTgfVNWGP
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) October 28, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- 1.4 million seek US jobless aid, first increase since March
- Violence again rocks Minneapolis after man’s death; 1 killed
- UK aims to give 1st COVID-19 shot to all adults by September
- Project Recovery: Utah man moves forward after years of pornography addiction
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to “transmission…
- Students from Pleasant Grove participate in ‘Choose Kindness Month’
- Sandy city officials urging hikers to be more prepared
- This violinist played her instrument as surgeons removed a brain tumor
- In Mexico, cartels are hunting down police at their homes
- Layton rare coin dealer accused of multi-million dollar scheme