OGDEN, Utah — An officer shooting in Ogden is currently under investigation. It comes after an Ogden police officer shot and injured a man Tuesday night who was reportedly threatening officers with a shotgun and knife.
Police sent to home following dispatch call
Ogden Police say around 7 pm dispatchers received a call from a caseworker claiming an 18-year-old man was armed with a shotgun and threatening to kill himself. According to dispatch, the man was inside a home near the 800 block of 5th Street in Ogden.
Later, dispatch received another call saying two people were fighting with the man and that he still had possession of the handgun.
Suspect in “good condition,” shooting under investigation
The investigation is now being handled by the Weber County Attorney’s Office critical incident response team. According to Chief Watt, the officer’s body camera was turned on during the time of the shooting.
Today’s Top Stories
- Mars might have salty ponds next to its underground lake, raising the possibility of Martian life
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- 10 weird landmarks in Utah many new residents don’t even know about
- Officer Zachary Nold, Ogden City Police Department
- Casey Scott, 200 days sober, opens up about the problems that led to his horrifying crash
- UDOT will not re-open several popular seasonal roads, for now
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…
- Proposed ban on cellphone use while driving clears Utah House
- Kevin Salmon, Cottonwood Heights PD
- Running may be better for the heart than swimming, new study shows