OREM, Utah — Utah kids have a Halloween treat in their own backyard: Orem is on the list of the top 25 cities in the nation for trick or treating.
This year the number one spot on the top 25 cities in America to trick or treat went to Vacaville, California.
SmartAsset analyzes family friendliness, safety, weather, and candy and costumes.
Within those metrics, the rankings are based on the number of kids, single family housing density, crime rates, and the forecast.
But this year they also added in Covid-19 infection rates and that may have precipitated Orem’s fall on the list.
- The top 50 Halloween costume searches of 2020 includes Baby Yoda
- Health experts offer tips to reduce spread of COVID-19 on Halloween
- How to trick-or-treat safely across the United States this Halloween
- Nearly half of Americans say they won’t hand out Halloween candy
Orem consistently ranks near the very top of the list, changing places with Nampa, Idaho. The exception came in 2015, when Lehi was ranked number two and Orem number three.
Orem’s deputy city manager told the Daily Herald that trick-or-treating is a tradition for many families, and they hope they will stay safe this year.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- Mom has warning for others after getting scary phone call
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- Hill Air Force Base Open Aircraft Day
- Home prices increase in Salt Lake City during the pandemic
- Utah ski resorts plan for good year despite low snow, pandemic
- How tech salaries compare among Utah cities and to other states