OREM, Utah — Utah kids have a Halloween treat in their own backyard: Orem is on the list of the top 25 cities in the nation for trick or treating.
This year the number one spot on the top 25 cities in America to trick or treat went to Vacaville, California.
SmartAsset analyzes family friendliness, safety, weather, and candy and costumes.
Within those metrics, the rankings are based on the number of kids, single family housing density, crime rates, and the forecast.
But this year they also added in Covid-19 infection rates and that may have precipitated Orem’s fall on the list.
- The top 50 Halloween costume searches of 2020 includes Baby Yoda
- Health experts offer tips to reduce spread of COVID-19 on Halloween
- How to trick-or-treat safely across the United States this Halloween
- Nearly half of Americans say they won’t hand out Halloween candy
Orem consistently ranks near the very top of the list, changing places with Nampa, Idaho. The exception came in 2015, when Lehi was ranked number two and Orem number three.
Orem’s deputy city manager told the Daily Herald that trick-or-treating is a tradition for many families, and they hope they will stay safe this year.
Today’s Top Stories
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Friends and climbers mourn a Utah man who died on Mt. Everest
- Officer Dallas Smith & Officer Cory Lewis, Spanish Fork Police Department
- 2 charged with killing woman in southwest Nebraska
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- Jerry Silva, South Salt Lake Police Department
- New KSL documentary goes behind the scenes of the COLD podcast
- Angela Kirk – Noah Webster Academy
- My father is an addict — one child’s letter about addiction
- The first ever YouTube video was uploaded 15 years ago today. Here it is