LONDON (AP) — Scottish actor Sean Connery, considered by many to have been the best James Bond, has died. He was 90.
Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she was “heartbroken” at the news.
“Our nation today mourns one of her best loved sons,” she said.
In a varied career, Connery played James Bond seven times, starting with “Dr. No” in 1962. His portrayal defined the suave secret agent for a generation of fans.
He also had major roles in films including “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade,” “Highlander” and “The Hunt for Red October.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Nintendo is bringing back a super-retro handheld from the 1980s
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- APNewsBreak: Lawsuit claims Utah’s Grand America exploited immigrants
- Parents, teachers, students sound off on later school start times
- Family announces they’ll say goodbye to Dixie, a dog burned for revenge
- Military family robbed in Salt Lake City
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- Church leaders update COVID-19 safety measures for Utah
- Congressman’s siblings release an attack ad against their own brother