PROVO, Utah (AP) — Zach Wilson threw for 224 yards and three touchdowns and ran for 35 yards and another score to help then-No. 11 BYU rout Western Kentucky 41-10 on Saturday night.
At 7-0 heading into a showdown at No. 25 Boise State on Friday night, BYU is off to its best start since 2001 when the Cougars won their first 12 games in Gary Crowton’s debut season.
Tyler Allgeier ran for 95 yards and a touchdown for BYU. Tyrell Pigrome threw for 106 yards and a touchdown for the Hilltoppers. They dropped to 2-5.
The win moved BYU into the top ten in both the Coaches and Associated Press polls on Sunday. With their 7-0 start (a first since 2001) the Cougars are now ranked No. 9 in both polls.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Gunman who killed U. student tried to kidnap witness, police say
- Another 4.4 million Americans filed for unemployment benefits last week
- What makes soda so addictive?
- Connect KSL to your Amazon Echo Device
- A dancing cockatoo named Snowball learned 14 moves all by himself
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen
- Inside a coronavirus hospital in Italy, doctors warn: get ready
- Rare Nike ‘Moon Shoe’ up for auction at Sotheby’s could fetch $160,000