PROVO, Utah (AP) — Zach Wilson threw for 224 yards and three touchdowns and ran for 35 yards and another score to help then-No. 11 BYU rout Western Kentucky 41-10 on Saturday night.
At 7-0 heading into a showdown at No. 25 Boise State on Friday night, BYU is off to its best start since 2001 when the Cougars won their first 12 games in Gary Crowton’s debut season.
Tyler Allgeier ran for 95 yards and a touchdown for BYU. Tyrell Pigrome threw for 106 yards and a touchdown for the Hilltoppers. They dropped to 2-5.
The win moved BYU into the top ten in both the Coaches and Associated Press polls on Sunday. With their 7-0 start (a first since 2001) the Cougars are now ranked No. 9 in both polls.
Today’s Top Stories
- BYU Law students “heart attack” Orem Islamic Center
- New KSL documentary goes behind the scenes of the COLD podcast
- Police: Utah man sexually abused children, drugged food
- Tammy Botelho – Sage Hills Elementary
- Standoff in South Salt Lake hotel ends with arrest
- ‘Don’t blame Californians for surge in Utah housing prices’ study says
- Donovan Mitchell tests positive for COVID-19
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Defendant in major opioid case says he was helping people
- More COVID-19 antibody testing available, but doctors say not everyone should get it