SALT LAKE CITY — Nearly 70% of Utah’s active voters have had their ballots processed, on the morning of Election Day.
Across Utah’s 29 counties, more than 1 million mail-in ballots have been processed as of Election Night.
In terms of sheer ballot numbers, Salt Lake County tops the list with 459,824 ballots processed, followed by Utah (207,649), Davis (148,280) and Washington (80,650) counties in that order.
But, in terms of the percentage of active voters who have exercised that right, some of Utah’s smaller southern counties are leading the pack.
As of Wednesday morning, 25 counties have seen 70% or more of their active voters turn in their ballots. Wayne County tops the list at 92%, and close behind it is Kane, Garfield, Piute and Rich counties tied at 86%.
Salt Lake County Clerk Sherrie Swensen told KSL’s Dave and Dujanovic that there is still a mountain of ballots left to count on Wednesday morning.
“We have a huge number of paper ballots yet to count, and it could be slightly over 200,000 in Salt Lake County. We had a huge turn out of paper ballots, and so many of those were dropped yesterday and Monday.
“We’ll do another release at 4 p.m. and I don’t know how many that will include but [we’re] working as quickly as we can to get that done… We want to make sure everything accurate.”
You can see how each county in Utah stacks up against each other in our interactive map below. Hover over your county to see the breakdown.
|COUNTY||BALLOTS PROCESSED||ACTIVE VOTERS||PERCENT|
|Box Elder County||24,247||29,949||81%|
|Salt Lake County||459,824||601,867||76%|
|San Juan County||5,194||7,785||67%|
Many counties offered early in-person voting in addition to mail-in balloting in Utah. You can learn more with the 2020 Election Guide here. Data Updated Nov. 3, 2020 at 5:00 pm (NOTE: The number of Active Voters fluctuates daily. These numbers were collected from each county clerk’s office by KSL NewsRadio over the course of the last week and may not represent the actual number today, but they will be close.)
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- UPDATED: Six-year-old girl dies on golf course after being hit by dad’s golf ball
- Flu vaccine doesn’t fully cover Influenza B, CDC says
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- Green Party selects Howie Hawkins as 2020 presidential nominee
- Passengers stuck on Amtrak train for about 20 hours finally on their way
- “Euthanize the police dog” Social Media calls to cancel Paw Patrol
- Det. Ellis Maxwell shares his theory on what happened to Susan Powell
- Utah woman says former Marine saved her life in Las Vegas
- Arrests made in likely murder of missing Kearns woman