WEST JORDAN — Actor Chris Pratt surprised a seventh grade student from West Jordan Middle School with an autographed photo featuring his character Peter Quill from the “Guardians of the Galaxy” movies.
Every year, the middle school assigns students to write formal letters to anyone they want. Typically, students opt for their favorite sports hero or celebrity.
Student Letters to Sports Stars and Celebrities Get Surprise Responses West Jordan Middle School 7th-graders are…
The exercise is meant to help practice writing formally — and for many, it’s their first experience mailing a letter. Students take the opportunity to ask questions, request autographs or thank their personal heroes.
Some of the notable responses included merchandise from Utah Jazz players, tickets to Real Salt Lake games and swag from local sports teams.
Teacher say they expect responses to continue trickling in throughout the rest of the school year.
Today’s Top Stories
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- USU reports COVID-19 virus in wastewater from residence halls
- The bubonic plague is back again in China’s Inner Mongolia
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- Call before you dig: Stay safe during your home projects
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks
- A 12-year-old found a 69 million-year-old dinosaur fossil while hiking with his dad