LOS ANGELES — The classic game show Jeopardy took to Twitter on Sunday and announced the passing of their long time show host Alex Trebek.
They said, “Jeopardy! is saddened to share that Alex Trebek passed away peacefully at home early this morning, surrounded by family and friends.”
Jeopardy! is saddened to share that Alex Trebek passed away peacefully at home early this morning, surrounded by family and friends. Thank you, Alex. pic.twitter.com/Yk2a90CHIM
— Jeopardy! (@Jeopardy) November 8, 2020
Trebek was 80 years old and in the midst of a two year battle with pancreatic cancer.
Today’s Top Stories
- New health order could impact school dances, graduation ceremonies
- Suspect in woman’s death barred from campus, report says
- Utah coronavirus cases hit 1,411 in one day, setting new record
- Two construction areas to be aware of this weekend may affect traffic
- California to resume some activities by April 1
- Utah man being investigated for threatening to kill former US senator
- Utah House OKs bill to bring back vehicle registration postcards
- More than 70% of Americans report wearing a mask in public, study shows
- Listen louder than you sing: inside the Tabernacle Choir on Temple Square
- Harmons will begin administering COVID-19 vaccines to eligible groups