CAMP WILLIAMS, Utah — If you live near Camp Williams, expect to hear some explosions this week.
The National Guard says that soldiers from the 640th Regional Training Institute will be conducting a “live-fire event” from Tuesday to Thursday as part of their ongoing training.
“Given the nature of the exercise, artillery fire will occur sporadically throughout the day, beginning at approximately 8 a.m. and ending approximately 4:30 p.m.,” Utah National Guard State Public Affairs Officer Maj. Jaime Thomas said.
The guard expects those who live in the communities that surround Camp Williams, such as Bluffdale, Riverton, Herriman, Eagle Mountain, Saratoga Springs and Lehi, will be most likely to hear and be affected by the training and explosions.
Today’s Top Stories
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- Sen. Lee says Utah National Guard kicked out of DC hotel
- Vivint Smart Home Arena parent company merges with holding firm
- Granite School District reveals plans for new, safer school designs
- Ford recalls 2 million vehicles because the doors could open while driving
- Endangered woman missing in Logan
- Gov. Herbert announces economy may begin reopening near end of month
- Utah Jazz plane bird strike was especially bad according to officials
- Girl Scouts of Utah
- Governor Herbert weighs in on Trump tweet debate