Unified Police (UPD) identified the suspect as Conrad Andrew Trujillo, age 54.
Trujillo is suspected in six bank robberies occurring at the following locations:
- Fashion Place Mall, Nov. 7;
- University of Utah Credit Union, Cottonwood Heights, Nov. 5;
- Chase Bank at 6275 S. Highland Drive, Oct. 29;
- University Federal Credit Union, 3088 S. Richmond St., Oct. 28;
- Cyprus Credit Union, 7160 S. Union Park Ave., Oct. 16; and
- Wells Fargo Bank, 1710 S. Redwood Rd., Oct. 2.
UPD said they arrested Trujillo at the Ramada Inn, 2455 S. State Street in Salt Lake City after UPD was informed he was staying there.
Surveillance confirmed Trujillo’s location. UPD served a search warrant on the hotel room, where they report finding cash and firearms.
Investigators say they booked Trujillo into jail on a federal hold in connection with bank robbery.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer Josue Llil, West Valley Police Department
- Orem among the top 25 best cities to Trick or Treat in America
- Red Barn Farms
- Can an executive order really change the 14th Amendment?
- NUAMES charter school lifts lockdown on Layton campus
- KSL’s Unrivaled: The teams you live for, the sports you love
- New dashboards compare education spending to outcomes in Utah
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Officer Rusty Bingham & Officer Trent Thompson, Riverdale Police Department
- Doctored videos are already faking the cause of Beirut’s explosion