Hill Air Force Base lands a major A-10 contract
Senators share praise
“Hill Air Force Base plays a vital role in maintaining a fighting force to carry out our country’s national security strategy, supporting our country’s military readiness, and bolstering our capacity to deter foreign aggression,” Romney said in a statement. “With this funding, [they] will be better equipped to continue carrying out these objectives for many years to come.”
Senator Mike Lee, R-Utah, added similar praise, saying the contract is great news for the air force base.
“The A-10 Warthog is an exceptional plane and in a league of its own when it comes to close air support for our troops on the ground,” he posted on Twitter.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Utes let go of Coach K after 10 seasons
- Utah’s number of deaths from COVID-19 jumps to 8
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Sergeant Joe Cyr, Salt Lake City Police Department
- New dress guidelines announced for male missionaries — in some areas
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- New podcast details Venezuela imprisonment of Josh Holt
- Salt Lake Police Association speaks out against new use of force rules
- Utah man accused of intentionally coughing on people, might face assault charges
- Ingenuity Mars helicopter: The historic journey to fly on another planet