SALT LAKE CITY — A new interactive map shows hotspots of COVID-19 activity across the country by displaying each county’s 7-day rolling case average.
The map, from the Associated Press, allows users to explore data county-by-county, and automatically updates daily.
To use the map, hover over a county for the latest 7-day rolling average of COVID-19 cases in that area.
At a glance, the map shows the midwest continues to see high virus counts as of Friday.
In Utah, Wasatch County had the highest rolling 7-day average of cases per 100,000 residents at 123.09, though the Wasatch Front generally remained at high levels.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others per CDC recommendations.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet).
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities).
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Family announces they’ll say goodbye to Dixie, a dog burned for revenge
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- Parents, teachers, students sound off on later school start times
- Australian woman arrested for inciting anti-lockdown protests
- A warning about abandoned campfires
- DWR lets people take unlimited number of fish from Wasatch County fishing hole
- The future of Bountiful High School’s mascot discussed last night
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- 20 Burmese Pythons found slithering in Holladay home
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats