SEATTLE (AP) — The uncertainty of the 2020 college football season was on full display in the Pac-12 this week. Instead of Washington facing Washington State and Utah taking on Arizona State, it will be the Huskies and Utes meeting on Saturday in Seattle.
The teams quickly arranged the game to avoid more cancellations due to COVID-19 issues.
Washington is 2-0 and coming off a win over Arizona.
Utah had its first two games canceled and has only played once, a loss to USC.
South Carolina transfer Jake Bentley will start at quarterback for Utah after Cameron Rising suffered a season-ending shoulder injury in the opener.
Today’s Top Stories
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- Wuhan (finally) bans wild animals at wet markets
- Video of accusations at a fast and testimony meeting sparks response
- Bicyclists honor friend lost in deadly Millcreek Canyon avalanche
- Utahns rally to clean up Salt Lake City, Capitol Building after protests
- Layton Utah Temple site announced
- FBI says “Band-Aid Bandit” still on the loose