SALT LAKE CITY — If you’re headed to the Salt Lake City International Airport on Sunday, officials ask that you come prepared to deal with extra people.
Airport spokeswoman Nancy Volmer says the Sunday after Thanksgiving is one of those very busy days at most airports.
Specifically, Volmer says they expect 13,000 to 14,000 people to pass through the airport doors today.
That number represents approximately 3,00o to 4,000 more people than normally use the airport on any particular day.
And that number doesn’t include travelers who are stopping at SLC International to make connections with other flights.
It’s been a little over a month since the new Concourse B debuted at the newly renovated SLC Int’l Airport. Salt Lake City is a Delta Airlines hub and occupies all of the gates in Concourse A-west, as well as a few fates in Concourse B.
Alaska, American, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, and United Airlines use the gates of Concourse B.
You may check the status of departing and arriving airplanes from SLC International Airport here.
KSL Newsradio reporter Mark Jackson assisted with this story.
Today’s Top Stories
- Stacey Marshall – Jordan Ridge Elementary
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Donovan Mitchell: good Samaritan deed goes viral
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Courage Reins
- Dave & Dujanovic: Was police use of force in Minneapolis akin to murder?
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…