Share this story...
suspected DUI driver, Aggravated robbery suspect dead after officer-involved shooting in Ogden, SR-36 t-bone crash
Latest News

Summit County shooting suspect booked in jail

FILE: Getty images

KIMBALL JUNCTION, Utah — Investigators say they have a suspect in custody after a Summit County shooting this weekend.

Before 3:30 a.m. on Sunday, Summit County deputies received 911 calls about a possible shooting at a local residence. One 911 caller described seeing “dozens of cars leaving” the residence, located on Teal Drive in Kimball Junction. 

First arriving deputies said they found the garage to the residence open. 

According to a police affidavit, “Officers discovered blood and multiple shell casings on the floor, but no one was in the house. All of the evidence discovered suggested that the shooting occurred inside the residence.”

One victim, a 22-year-old Sandy woman, was driven by friends to Park City Hospital.

She was “shot in the right portion of her back and the bullet traveled through her right kidney and lacerated her liver. It was discovered that the bullet had entered her body with an upward trajectory showing the shooter was most likely in a position lower than Avery and shooting upward,” the affidavit stated.

Police reported the woman had to have her kidney removed. 

The affidavit also states another person who was at the Summit County party later called the mother of the woman who was shot and gave her a possible name of the gunman.

Then, another anonymous person called the police and also identified the shooter, and said “one of the shots had gone through his clothing,” the affidavit stated.

Deputies later contacted the Metro Gang Unit for assistance, and police said the team identified Victor Pulido as a possible suspect.

Pulido, 19, of Taylorsville, was booked into the Summit County Jail on Tuesday for investigation of aggravated assault causing serious injury, shooting in the direction of a person, using a concealed firearm in the commission of a violent felony, and three counts of aggravated assault.

When police interviewed Pulido, investigators said his version of what happened “was inconsistent with the evidence on scene.” Pulido claimed he was “‘jumped’ by three others who knocked him to the ground and took his gun,” according to the affidavit.

Investigators believe there might have been “an altercation between at least three people which prompted Pulido to fire multiple rounds,” the affidavit stated.

In April, Pulido and three others were charged with aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony. The case was later dismissed due to evidentiary reasons.