ST GEORGE — Police in Washington County are investigating after a search and rescue team found a body near a vehicle that reportedly rolled off a cliff.
According to the St. George News, deputies responded to several calls Thursday afternoon, reporting a vehicle that had gone off a cliff.
After locating the white pickup truck, Washington County Sheriff’s Sgt. Nate Abbott said search and rescue crews were called out, because the vehicle was unoccupied.
The search continued until midnight, but crews were unable to find anyone. They decided to continue the search in the morning, due to the ruggedness of the terrain.
Around mid-morning Friday, they found the body of a 36-year-old man, about 200-300 yards away from the vehicle.
Police confirm that the vehicle that was found was related to a missing person case.
The medical examiner is conducting an autopsy. As of now, no results from the examination have been made known.
The victim’s family has been notified. But police have not yet released his identity to the public.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- Seraph Young, first female voter, finally gets misspelled headstone corrected
- Report: many new moms stop breastfeeding too soon
- Ogden man pleads guilty to fatally beating neighbor in 2018
- Utah State Parks annual pass fee increased
- Hostage situation in Tooele ends with fatal officer-involved shooting