WEST JORDAN — Crews this morning are busy fixing two water mains in West Jordan that have broken spewing a large amount so of water in the air and onto the roads.
The water main breaks are located at 7265 S 2700 W and near 9000 S 2700 W. Both breaks have caused damage to the nearby roads as well as some flooding at a home near 7200 S.
The breaks have cause 2700 W to be closed between 7200 S and 9000 S while Fire and Public Works fix the main breaks.
Police are also on the scene directing traffic and removing black ice with a salt truck as it is being created by the cold temperatures.
There is no estimate yet on how long the road will be closed.
Today’s Top Stories
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- “Judge Judy” ending after 25 seasons
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Fake news: what it is, and how it can influence politics
- Bad breath behind that mask? 10 reasons and remedies for your halitosis
- Church leaders break ground for the Auckland New Zealand Temple
- Burgess Owens in Washington for orientation for Utah’s 4th district
- How does lake effect snow work? A primer