Share this story...
Springville house fire Dec 5, 2020
Latest News

Springville home filled with people catches fire, one man critically injured

Photo credit: Jason Haymond

SPRINGVILLE, Utah — An elderly man was transported to the hospital with critical injuries after the Springville Fire Department (SFD) responded to a two-alarm blaze on Saturday night.

The SFD reported that they received a call about the Springville fire around 11:30 p.m. near 115 S. 200 East in Springville. Upon arrival, SFD reports the home was fully engulfed in flames and that they called for additional backup. They received that backup from the Mapleton, Provo, and Spanish Fork fire departments.

A family, including a mother and father, two children, and two adult males were all in the home when the fire began.

Video credit: Jason Haymond

The SFD says the father was able to get most of the family members out of the burning home before it became fully engulfed. When emergency personnel arrived on the scene, they determined that an older man needed to be hospitalized. He was taken to the hospital in critical condition according to the SFD.

The fight to extinguish this house fire lasted until 4:00 a.m. when the SFD says it was able to gain control.

An initial estimate by firefighters is that the blaze began in the home’s basement. The State Fire Marshall’s office was reported to be on the scene, but as of early Sunday afternoon, there was no known cause of the fire.