(CNN) — President-elect Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, said Wednesday in a statement that he learned his tax affairs are being investigated by the US Attorney’s Office in Delaware.
Hunter Biden said his attorney informed him on Tuesday that the US attorney’s office advised his lawyer of the investigation.
“I take this matter very seriously but I am confident that a professional and objective review of these matters will demonstrate that I handled my affairs legally and appropriately, including with the benefit of professional tax advisors,” he said in a statement.
The Biden transition team also put out a statement about the news: “President-elect Biden is deeply proud of his son, who has fought through difficult challenges, including the vicious personal attacks of recent months, only to emerge stronger.”
This is a breaking story and will be updated.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Trouble with Teams? Microsoft reports problems with “multiple 365 services.”
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Latter-day Saints apostle, cardiologist weighs in on wearing masks
- More than 70% of Americans report wearing a mask in public, study shows
- Court weighs if lawyers can compel child victims to testify
- Update: More birds found dead after Friday night storm
- Is it time to scrap straight-ticket voting in Utah?
- USU Mental Health First Aid
- I HEART SLC art piece supporting immigrants on display at this week’s UN conference
- Mitchell powers Jazz to 128-124 win over Wizards