OGDEN, Utah — Emergency crews are responding to a confirmed plane crash in Ogden Thursday afternoon.
Shelby Willis with Ogden Fire Department told KSL one person was on board the plane and is on their way to the hospital. The condition of the passenger is unknown.
Willis said the plane had a successful take-off, but the pilot soon knew there was an inflight emergency. The plane landed in a field after skipping off the airport runway.
“The plane takes off and had a successful take-off,” said Willis. “He realizes there’s an inflight emergency pretty quickly and decides to land. And as he lands, he skips off the runway and ends up in a field.”
No cause for the crash has been determined at this time.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Home prices increase in Salt Lake City during the pandemic
- BYU nanofiber technology making more effective face masks
- Honoring the Class of 2020
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- Why your New Year’s resolution might be doing more harm than good
- Salt Lake County reopening some rec centers on Monday
- Want to buy a dinosaur? One of the world’s biggest T. rex skeletons is up for sale