OGDEN, Utah — Emergency crews are responding to a confirmed plane crash in Ogden Thursday afternoon.
Shelby Willis with Ogden Fire Department told KSL one person was on board the plane and is on their way to the hospital. The condition of the passenger is unknown.
Willis said the plane had a successful take-off, but the pilot soon knew there was an inflight emergency. The plane landed in a field after skipping off the airport runway.
“The plane takes off and had a successful take-off,” said Willis. “He realizes there’s an inflight emergency pretty quickly and decides to land. And as he lands, he skips off the runway and ends up in a field.”
No cause for the crash has been determined at this time.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sister of missing hiker says she is getting mental health help
- Tooele County School District
- House approves bill to rename Dixie State University
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- High schooler discovers new planet on 3rd day of NASA internship
- Connect KSL to your Amazon Echo Device
- When will you get your stimulus payment? Here’s how to check
- KSL NewsRadio picks up Murrow award for tour bus crash coverage