FARMINGTON — A man is dead after an officer-involved shooting early this morning in Farmington.
UHP and Farmington police were conducting a stolen vehicle investigation just after 2 a.m. when according to police a passenger car crashed into a Farmington PD patrol vehicle.
Police say the sole occupant/driver of that passenger vehicle exited the vehicle and was armed as he advanced on the officers and troopers.
As the driver failed to respond to verbal commands, deadly force was used.
The individual was transported to the hospital in critical condition, where the individual later died.
The 29-year-old Farmington man’s name has not yet been released to the public.
Investigators believe that this incident is completely separate from the initial stolen vehicle investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Surgeon General on coronavirus: ‘This week is going to get bad’
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- No, police aren’t responsible for enforcing the face mask mandate
- Children’s Service Society
- Former Venezuela prisoner Josh Holt appears with President Trump
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course