FARMINGTON — A man is dead after an officer-involved shooting early this morning in Farmington.
UHP and Farmington police were conducting a stolen vehicle investigation just after 2 a.m. when according to police a passenger car crashed into a Farmington PD patrol vehicle.
Police say the sole occupant/driver of that passenger vehicle exited the vehicle and was armed as he advanced on the officers and troopers.
As the driver failed to respond to verbal commands, deadly force was used.
The individual was transported to the hospital in critical condition, where the individual later died.
The 29-year-old Farmington man’s name has not yet been released to the public.
Investigators believe that this incident is completely separate from the initial stolen vehicle investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Navajo signs agreement for second phase of buyback program
- Utah family has tree fall on car while camping in Oregon
- David Haight – Mountain View High School
- New York’s death toll nears 1,000 as ventilators and a Central Park field hospital are…
- Officer Dallas Smith & Officer Cory Lewis, Spanish Fork Police Department
- Audio from Steven Powell’s interview with the FBI released on “Cold” podcast
- Athletes at the Tokyo Olympics will not need a vaccine to participate, organizers say
- Cursive writing has been making a comeback in classrooms
- Thousands of cold-stunned sea turtles being rescued in Texas
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction