SALT LAKE CITY — Utah and the other states will start distributing COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they receive shipments of doses, but not everyone appears willing to line up to get a shot.
ABC News planned to broadcast a special report from 7 to 8 p.m. on Monday detailing the COVID vaccine rollout. You can listen live to that program here.
COVID-19 vaccine rollout begins amid uncertainty
According to an AP-NORC poll, just shy of half of all American adults indicated they plan to get the COVID-19 vaccine during the rollout.
Of the 53% of American adults who did not say they planned to get the vaccine, about 26% said they would not get it, and about 27% indicated they are not sure whether they will do so.
The survey conducted in early December, before the FDA approved the vaccine from Pfizer for emergency use authorization, had a margin of error of 3.9 percentage points.
A different AP-NORC poll found Democrats were more likely to support restrictions to limit the spread of COVID-19 than Republicans.
And a third survey from the same group found about three-quarters of Americans worry they or a loved one will get sick.
All of the surveys were completed before the FDA approved the COVID-19 vaccine currently on its way to all 50 states under a federal rollout plan.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others per CDC recommendations.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet).
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities).
- Obtain a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- Utahns rally to clean up Salt Lake City, Capitol Building after protests
- Video of accusations at a fast and testimony meeting sparks response
- As bitcoin surges, prominent cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase aims to go public
- FBI says “Band-Aid Bandit” still on the loose
- Colorado reports first confirmed case of COVID-19 variant in the US
- Anti-vaccination signs over freeway deemed a distraction, taken down