WASHINGTON — Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar says shipments of Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine will begin this weekend if the FDA grants emergency use authorization as expected on Friday.
“Trucks will roll, planes will fly this weekend, 5.9 million doses of Moderna vaccine allocated for next week,” Azar told ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Friday.
Azar said the Moderna vaccine is “shockingly effective” and he expected to get vaccinated next week, if the White House physician cleared him to do so. Azar’s wife has tested positive for COVID-19 and he is quarantining at the moment.
Vice President Mike Pence and his wife Karen, and Surgeon General Jerome Adams were vaccinated on live TV Friday morning.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronaviruses transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Wear a mask.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- Motherhood, family size increasing in U.S.
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- The Best Family RV Vacations in Utah: 3 Fun RV Trip Planning Ideas for Your Next Summer Adventure
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- How does the Electoral College work?
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- AP: Spencer Cox wins race for Utah governor