SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District is hosting a number of online forums for parents and community members as they continue their search for a new superintendent.
Dr. Lexi Cunningham who was the Salt Lake School District’s superintendent for the last four years, officially announced her resignation in January before leaving in June. She was replaced by interim superintendent Larry Madden.
The district says it is asking for input during their search.
“The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of our most important functions. In order to be successful in selecting the best individual, the board is interested in gaining input from you – parents and community stakeholders,” they said.
“Your opinion and representation are important to us. We have set up a series of parent and community forums through Zoom so you can share your feedback with us.”
They said the four zoom meetings for parents and community members will include information from consultants the district hired. They will provide an overview of the search processes and criteria the school board is considering for their selection.
The district said it will hold four zoom meetings, two for parents and two for community members.
The two meetings for parents will take place on Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021 at 11:00 AM and on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021 at 6:30 PM. The district sent links to those meetings to parents.
ICYMI: We will be hosting a series of parent and community forums through Zoom where you can share your feedback for us to consider in our search for a new superintendent. Learn how you can participate at https://t.co/etCsx0lf3Y. #SLCschools #uted pic.twitter.com/y4cKYeWl2P
— SLC School District (@slcschools) December 28, 2020
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Update: Police identify man in Echo nightclub shooting
- Barry Pewtress – Spectrum Academy High School
- Salt Lake City School District gears up for the year to start online
- 5 tips to stop touching your face
- Death of Steve Powell removes a lingering hope in Susan Powell case
- Excelsior Academy first-graders moved to online school
- CNN and ‘Sesame Street’ to host a town hall addressing racism
- Find a Way Out! 3 Ways You Can Stay Safe During a Mass Shooting Situation Anywhere You Are