A Nigerian missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints died after a “sudden health episode” while serving in the Nigeria Lagos Mission, the church announced in a statement Friday.
Elder Samuel Joseph Iseh, Jr., 20, is from Port Harcourt, Nigeria, and has been serving his mission since May 2019.
“[He] experienced a sudden health episode (unrelated to COVID-19) and was taken to the hospital where he passed away,” the church said in a statement. “We express our deepest sympathies to his family and friends and pray they will be comforted during this difficult time.”
No other information was released from the church at this time, but this story will be updated as it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- The most generous state in America is Utah – again
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- Changing water flow leads to more bugs in Grand Canyon
- In-depth: Black police officers talk race relations in Utah
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- ‘Golden Boy’-turned-addict finds newfound life after prison
- Body of Arizona man recovered from Lake Powell marina
- Child poverty in Utah is down from last year
- Utah County Commissioner injured in National Guard training