Governor-elect Spencer Cox announces pick for Executive Director of the Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice
SALT LAKE CITY — Governor-elect Spencer Cox and Lt. Governor-elect Deidre Henderson have nominated Bountiful Police Chief Tom Ross as Executive Director of the Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice.
Ross was born in Salt Lake City and has 34 years of law enforcement experience, including 14 years as the Bountiful Police Chief.
His appointment would become official if he is confirmed by the Utah Senate.
Today’s Top Stories
- Thousands of tiger muskies swim into new reservoir home
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Parents of Chad Daybell reach out; vigil planned to honor slain children
- PACs, Super PACs and the influence of election spending
- Utah limo companies face inspections like buses, trucks
- Nearly 400 years in the making, ‘Christmas Star’ visible tonight
- Fact Check: What’s in the coronavirus vaccines and how does it work?
- USU’s “True Aggie Night” tradition up in the air during the pandemic
- VIDEO: Sen. Romney confronted by an angry passenger at the airport
- Gov. Herbert signs bill restoring police, firefighter pensions