OGDEN, UT — An ambulance stolen from the Ogden Fire Department early Sunday morning has been located.
An Ogden Fire Department crew had responded to a call for help early Sunday morning but could not transfer the patient to a hospital because they report that Ambulance 3 had been stolen.
The theft occurred in the area of 3rd Street and Washington Blvd, in Ogden.
In a statement, Ogden Fire said that after police were notified they began tracking the ambulance.
They also elicited help from the public with a post on Facebook:
And it was a citizen that called 911 to report they’d seen an ambulance parked in a neighbor’s backyard.
Ogden Fire says there was no damage to the ambulance, and that all of the equipment carried in the ambulance was present when they found the vehicle.
The Ogden Police Department continues to search for a person of interest in the case.
Today’s Top Stories
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- Salt Lake police investigating after Zoom class is hacked, displays pornographic images
- Utah ski resorts plan for good year despite low snow, pandemic
- Growing up poor changes DNA, scientists find
- Hill Air Force Base Open Aircraft Day
- Utah State Parks annual pass fee increased
- Home prices increase in Salt Lake City during the pandemic