SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — A construction worker was killed by electrocution Monday morning near Warren’s restaurant at 37th West and 114th South in South Jordan.
South Jordan Police Sergeant Eric Hill said the victim was working on an electrical connection box when other workers witnessed a flash and a noise.
Several witnesses told police they saw and heard the accident at the site and called fire officials to report an electrical fire.
The man has been identified as 50-year-old Shaun Robertson of Herriman. According to a statement from the City of South Jordan, Robertson was a contract worker for Rocky Mountain Power (RMP).
RMP had to shut off electricity to the neighborhood while they investigated the accident.
No one else was hurt when the electrocution happened. Rocky Mountain Power and the Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are investigating.
Today’s Top Stories
- Live Mic: Ideas for needed police reform
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- Peace and conflict: Talking politics and navigating tension over the holidays
- White House: National Guard, federal police en route to Capitol to disperse protesters
- Three arrests in connection with Sapphire Drive homicide in Sandy
- WATCH: President Trump says he’s doing “very well” in video before heading…
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Salt Lake City School District taking heat for canceling school at the last minute