WELLS, Nevada — Nevada authorities confirmed a missing 15-year-old girl from Yakima, Washington has been found safe, nearly a day after her disappearance prompted an Amber Alert.
Angeles Revuelta-Buenrostro took out the trash Monday night and never returned.
AMBER ALERT pic.twitter.com/lgOM0FptBO
— Yakima P.D. (@yakimapolice) January 5, 2021
An Elko County Sheriff’s Office deputy patrolling the Wells, Nevada area spotted the 2008 Lexus named in the Amber Alert. Its license plate, from Arizona, also matched the description of the suspect vehicle. During a traffic stop, the deputy identified the driver as Eric Anthony Landeros.
Originally from Pheonix, Arizona, Landeros, 34, had Angeles in the passenger seat, according to authorities. He was arrested on the charges of 1st Degree Kidnapping and Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor. The total bail set for Landeros is $251,140.
There are no further details available at this time. Elko County Sheriff’s Office is working jointly with Washington State Patrol and the FBI on this investigation.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- Over 20,000 Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine doses already in Utah
- Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Gov. Herbert announces COVID-19 to close schools rest of year
- Nonprofit projects pay increase for Utah workers in 2021
- DA: Unified officer was not justified in shooting death of Salt Lake man
- Hey, sports fans: Joey Chestnut and Miki Sudo crush the hot dog contest — again
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer