WASHINGTON—National Guard and federal police are en route to Capitol to assist in ending the occupation by protesters objecting to the electoral vote in favor of President-elect Joe Biden.
The Governor of Virginia Ralph Northam says he is sending 200 state troopers and members of the state National Guard to the US Capitol.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Live Mic: Ideas for needed police reform
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- Peace and conflict: Talking politics and navigating tension over the holidays
- Charlie and Braden Powell are remembered by those who love them
- WATCH: President Trump says he’s doing “very well” in video before heading…
- White House: National Guard, federal police en route to Capitol to disperse protesters
- Trump outstripping Obama on pace of executive orders
- Salt Lake City School District taking heat for canceling school at the last minute
- Three arrests in connection with Sapphire Drive homicide in Sandy