The FBI is asking for help identifying protesters involved in yesterday’s violence at the United States Capitol Building.
The Federal Bureau of Investigations is asking for tips, photos and videos of people involved in the violent activities that took place in Washington on Wednesday. FBI agents specifically asked for information on those involved in violence and who broke into the Capitol, forcing members of Congress to suspend their count of the Electoral College votes.
“The FBI is seeking information that will assist in identifying individuals who are actively instigating violence in Washington, DC,” they said.
“The FBI is accepting tips and digital media depicting rioting and violence in the U.S. Capitol Building and surrounding area in Washington, DC, on January 6, 2021.”
The Bureau also accepts phone calls at 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324), or at tips.fbi.gov.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- Lagoon ready to open without reservations
- Giovanni Pangan, Philippines mission president, dies of heart attack
- UPDATED: Six-year-old girl dies on golf course after being hit by dad’s golf ball
- Australian woman arrested for inciting anti-lockdown protests
- Passengers stuck on Amtrak train for about 20 hours finally on their way
- U. Hospital’s Bridge Program gives opioid addicts more treatment options
- Church spends nearly $1 billion in humanitarian, welfare aid, leaders say