SALT LAKE CITY — A suspected DUI driver lead police on a long chase Saturday night, and left a lot of damage in his wake.
It started with the report of a hit and run near 90th south and northbound I-15 according to the Utah Department of Public Service (DPS).
Drivers later reported seeing the truck on northbound I-15 at 33rd South in Salt Lake City. The DPS said the truck exited and then hit three more vehicles.
At that point according to the DPS, the suspect DUI driver turned his vehicle around and headed south on I-15, hitting two more vehicles. The truck then sustained a flat tire and the suspect, an 18-year-old male, was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
Two motorists were taken to area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries and one police car sustained damage.
Today’s Top Stories
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- BYU Study: Drinking High-Fat Milk Connected With Biological Aging
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- Only-child doesn’t need to be lonely child during the pandemic
- Motherhood, family size increasing in U.S.
- How does the Electoral College work?
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor