SALT LAKE CITY — Sunday, Gov. Spencer J. Cox has issued an order to lower the flag of the United States of America and the flag of the State of Utah on Monday, Jan. 11, 2021.
This order is to honor the life and service of the U.S. Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick who was killed while on duty during the protest that turned violent at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday.
Governor Cox said in a statement, “Officer Brian D. Sicknick gave his life trying to protect one of this nation’s most revered democratic institutions. We honor his life of dedicated public service as part of U.S. Capitol Police and as a staff sergeant for the New Jersey National Guard. Abby and I extend our deepest sympathies to the Sicknick family and pray for them and our nation at this difficult time.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Home prices increase in Salt Lake City during the pandemic
- BYU nanofiber technology making more effective face masks
- Honoring the Class of 2020
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- Why your New Year’s resolution might be doing more harm than good
- Salt Lake County reopening some rec centers on Monday
- Want to buy a dinosaur? One of the world’s biggest T. rex skeletons is up for sale