NEPHI, Utah — Both northbound and southbound I-15 are closed near Nephi after a semitruck hauling gasoline lost one of its trailers.
Utah Highway Patrol said the pup trailer rolled and is currently leaking gasoline in the median but is not a threat to people or structures in the area.
“Cold temps are also helping. Troopers are in an assist role to help the Juab County fire officials with any needs their on-scene hazmat team requires,” UHP tweeted.
Traffic is being diverted through Nephi as crews work on cleanup. The freeway is expected to remain closed for five hours.
The trailer has been appropriately isolated in the median and not a threat to nearby persons or structures. Cold temps are also helping. Troopers are in an assist roll to help the Juab County Fire officials with any needs their on-scene hazmat team requires.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) January 12, 2021
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Officers escort a fallen deputy’s wife across the stage at her graduation
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT
- Bad breath behind that mask? 10 reasons and remedies for your halitosis
- Church leaders break ground for the Auckland New Zealand Temple
- NWSL players now have the option to remain in the locker room during the National Anthem
- Police announce new arrests in Murray mall shooting
- How does lake effect snow work? A primer
- Fake news: what it is, and how it can influence politics