SALT LAKE CITY — A large police presence in the Rose Park neighborhood of Salt Lake City is affecting traffic early Friday morning.
Law enforcement began blocking roads near 400 N and Redwood Road starting just before 5 a.m.
SLCPD said there is no threat to the public at this time and that the suspect barricaded in an RV after an aggravated assault. Currently, SWAT teams, negotiators and social workers on the scene.
We are currently dealing with a barricaded subject near 400 N. and Pamela Way. Our SWAT team, negotiators and social workers are in scene. There is no threat to the public. Please avoid the area. pic.twitter.com/M0aJR6Ffcw
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) January 22, 2021
This story is breaking and will be updated.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- A homeschool expert offers tips for parents who are DIYing school
- Weber-Morgan Health Director wants K-6 mask mandate
- Seniors trying to get COVID-19 vaccine say booking experience confusing, SLCO unveils new…
- Northeastern Counseling Center
- Mrs. Laura Pettit – Cook Elementary
- Crash up Logan Canyon kills one person
- Romance scam uses military photos to fool widow
- Church updates General Handbook, calls for members to “abandon” prejudice
- West Valley man booked for murdering two neighbors
- What you need to know about Bonsai | KSL Greenhouse