The Utah Department of Transportation is reporting major delays on Southbound I-15 because of a crash Saturday evening. After being closed for a few hours, exit 351 at State Route 126 has been reopened near Willard in Box Elder County.
Driver Alert: SB I-15 is closed at Exit 351/SR-126, South Willard, Box Elder County, due to a crash. Expect major delays or use an alternate route. Check the UDOT Traffic App or @waze for updates. @UDOTRegionOne @UtahTrucking @UtahDOT
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) January 23, 2021
UDOT didn’t specify the cause of the crash, but it comes as light snowfall approaches the mountains and flurries reach the valley floor.
Utah Highway Patrol Trooper Michael Gordon confirmed it was a fatal crash. However, no other details were released as of 8 p.m.
Officials warn drivers of major delays and recommend commuters to find an alternate route.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- Disney World’s July 11 reopening: 6 things to watch
- Elizabeth Smart reveals details of assault, and what she’s doing about it
- Man dies while swimming in cold waters at Utah reservoir
- Utah’s Tyler Huntley could return before upcoming bowl game
- Salt Lake County urges people to find new ways to visit elderly loved ones
- New surveillance video shows the horrific attack on Lady Gaga’s dog walker
- Fans and stars say a remake of Princess Bride is ‘Inconceivable!’
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash