LOS ANGELES (AP) — Cloris Leachman, a character actor whose depth of talent brought her an Oscar for the “The Last Picture Show” and Emmys for her comedic work in “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” and other TV series, has died. She was 94.
Leachman died of natural causes at her home in Encinitas, California, publicist Monique Moss said Wednesday. Her daughter was at her side, Moss said.
Millions of viewers knew the actor as the self-absorbed neighbor Phyllis in “The Mary Tyler Moore Show.” She also appeared as the mother of Timmy on the “Lassie” series. She played a frontier prostitute in “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid,” a crime spree family member in “Crazy Mama,” and the infamous Frau Bucher in Mel Brooks’ “Young Frankenstein.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- UPDATE: South Salt Lake DMV Office reopens after confirmed COVID case
- Zion National Park and other Utah national parks begin re-opening
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen
- Utah lawmakers approve bill aimed at regulating ‘troubled teen’ centers
- DWR lets people take unlimited number of fish from Wasatch County fishing hole
- Connect KSL to your Amazon Echo Device
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert
- POLICE FOOTAGE Lori Vallow’s ex-husband worried about their missing children and his…
- Another mountain lion spotted in Salt Lake County