LOS ANGELES (AP) — Cloris Leachman, a character actor whose depth of talent brought her an Oscar for the “The Last Picture Show” and Emmys for her comedic work in “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” and other TV series, has died. She was 94.
Leachman died of natural causes at her home in Encinitas, California, publicist Monique Moss said Wednesday. Her daughter was at her side, Moss said.
Millions of viewers knew the actor as the self-absorbed neighbor Phyllis in “The Mary Tyler Moore Show.” She also appeared as the mother of Timmy on the “Lassie” series. She played a frontier prostitute in “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid,” a crime spree family member in “Crazy Mama,” and the infamous Frau Bucher in Mel Brooks’ “Young Frankenstein.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Donovan Mitchell scores 30 points, Jazz rout Nuggets 124-105
- Reflecting on lessons learned, new information one-year after Utah earthquake
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- A Utah man dies while swimming at Deer Creek State Park
- Southeast Utah Health Department – The Hope Squad of Carbon and Emery Counties
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- DI to begin phased reopening
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Justin Gordon, Utah County Sheriff’s Office