SALT LAKE CITY — This week on Dave & Dujanovic’s Vaccine Watch, Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson answered questions regarding confusion of how to make a vaccine appointment in Salt Lake County.
There has been a large demand for vaccines within the county and Mayor Wilson explained that the main goal is to get people in and vaccinated as quickly as possible.
“Unfortunately with the large numbers we have been dealing with we had to go with a registration system and it is not as smooth as we would like.. but it is just the reality of really quickly trying to get this population vaccinated.” Mayor Jenny Wilson stated in regards to getting seniors vaccinated.
Wilson explained they have given vaccines to about 30,000 people and have a waiting list of about 25,000.
How do those able to get a vaccine make an appointment?
Mayor Jenny Wilson explained that there is a phone line available to call for those who need help booking an appointment. Mobile Health Centers are also available for those who may not be able to get to a vaccination site.
According to a spokesperson with the Mayors Office, these mobile health centers will be used in the future to reflect the underserved and diverse populations to get to people that can’t get to resources as easily.
For more information on appointments in person or through the mobile health center:
385-468-7468 or email email@example.com
Listen to the full podcast episode:
Today’s Top Stories
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- USU reports COVID-19 virus in wastewater from residence halls
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Poll says 12% of Utahns say they will opt-out of the COVID-19 vaccine
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly