SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) — Several FBI agents were shot Tuesday morning while serving a warrant in a child exploitation case in South Florida, authorities said.
A law enforcement official told The Associated Press that multiple FBI agents were shot while serving the warrant, and that the extent of their injuries was not immediately known. The official could not discuss an ongoing investigation publicly and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity.
Multiple law enforcement agencies swarmed the neighborhood in suburban Fort Lauderdale in the aftermath of the shooting, as a suspect reportedly remained barricaded inside the home.
Another large contingent of officers gathered outside a Fort Lauderdale hospital where victims were taken, according to television video.
The Sunrise Police Department tweeted about the heavy police presence and the closure of surrounding roads.
The shooting happened around 6 a.m. No additional details were immediately available.
Balsamo contributed from Washington. Frieda Frisaro contributed from Fort Lauderdale.
Today’s Top Stories
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- BYU Study: Drinking High-Fat Milk Connected With Biological Aging
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- Only-child doesn’t need to be lonely child during the pandemic
- Motherhood, family size increasing in U.S.
- How does the Electoral College work?
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor