OGDEN UT — The suspect of an aggravated robbery was shot by police after reportedly pointing a weapon at the officers.
Around 7:11 p.m. on February 5th, police received a report of an aggravated robbery, sexual assault and vehicle theft.
It was reported that the suspect displayed a handgun during the assault and fled in the victim’s vehicle.
The suspect was found in the stolen vehicle by an Ogden Police Officer near 30th and Washington Boulevard.
The suspect ran from the car as the officer approached the vehicle giving chase on foot that lead to a backyard.
Police say that the suspect stood up in the bed of a truck and pointed a gun at the officers.
Reportedly, two officers opened fire and the suspect was struck and died at the scene.
Both officers have been placed on paid administrative leave as an investigation is underway by the Weber County Attorney’s Office Officer Involved Critical Incident Team.
The officers were wearing body cameras when the incident took place.
The identity of the suspect has not yet been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- SLCO D.A. creates conviction review advisory board
- Inside Sources: Studying trust (and distrust) in America
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- Suspect in shooting no stranger to protests, violence
- Coronavirus enters Salt Lake County jails
- Cindy Smith, Hayden Peak Elementary
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- How to make sure you weather the storm and cleanup safely