SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department confirms that an elderly man walking in downtown Salt Lake City died after a hit and run early Sunday morning.
Lt. Brian Sloan says a 78-year-old man was crossing the street against the light on southbound 200 West at 400 South when a silver SUV hit the man.
Sloan says the driver did not remain at the scene of the hit-and-run.
The victim was taken to a hospital where Salt Lake City police report he later died.
Sloan says an investigation by a critical accident response team continues, and at this time there are no leads.
Today’s Top Stories
- Courage Reins
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- African Gray parrot still missing – Bluffdale owners offer reward
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…
- Grace Struiksma – Channing Hall Charter School
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Death of Steve Powell removes a lingering hope in Susan Powell case
- Pres. Trump escalates war on Twitter, social media protections